Thursday, October 6, 2011

Delicious Chicken Pot Pie

I hate to cook. I always think my time could be better used doing crafty type things, housecleaning, anything but cooking!  But a couple weeks ago I found this recipe on a blog (and I cannot find it again to give her credit) and my family was delighted. This recipe has everything going for it--it is easy, inexpensive and delicious! My family is in hopes that I will find many more good recipes through my blogging friends and maybe our dinners will become a little more interesting.


Easy Chicken Pot Pie

2 (10 3/4 oz) cans cream of potato soup
1 16 oz can of mixed vegetables
2 cups cooked diced chicken (we like Tyson)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2- 9 inch ready to use pie crust (we like Pillsbury)
1 egg slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place one pie crust in 9 inch pie pan. Combine soup, vegetables, milk, chicken and pepper.  Spoon into prepared pie crust. Place second crust on top and crimp edges to seal. Slit top and brush with egg.  Bake 35-40 minutes.
ENJOY!

13 comments:

Heirloom treasures said...

Well done, it looks delish. Once you start cooking like that I bet you get hooked, especially when you receive lots of praise. I'll pass on to you a few of my easy recipes when I gather them together,as I cook constantly. Keep trying xx

Icy BC said...

Thanks for sharing your delicious recipe! I'll definitely try this..

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Hi Sandy! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such sweet comments! It was an honor for me to do that post! I wanted to come over and visit you, as well! What a beautiful blog you have!! Your images are just lovely! I am now your newest follower. I hope you will follow back! God bless you!

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Yum! It looks great!! I am visiting from My Romantic Home and I am a new follower!
Hope you have a great weekend!!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

Hi Sandy! Thanks for coming by my blog. Your pot-pie looks yummy, and so do the fabulous photos of your home. I love what you did with your bathroom mirror. Have a great weekend!

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh, I am just like you. I do not like to cook, but this sounds very easy. Thank you for sharing!
- Susan

Unknown said...

Looks so yummy..I need some now! I will for sure use this recipe for this coming weekly meal..
Thanks for showing how easy it was and how tasty it looks..

Unknown said...

I am starving now looking at this, looks so easy too - a must try!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh that looks so good. Real rib sticking cool weather food. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh this looks lovely and tasty. Great recipe too. thanks for sharing.
thanks also for your comment on the white cat. Your cat must be very beautiful too
Hugs June x

Angela said...

Your dish looks so yummy! I would love to tuck in right away.
I don't like cooking, for me half an hour in the kitchen is enough.
I'll give your dish a try, thank you for sharing your recipe.
Hugs,
Angela.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for your visit!!

This looks delicious and sounds easy enough!

I too hate to cook and I so agree with you in thinking that my time could be better spent doing something else!! LOL!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Linda said...

I like cooking. I make my pot pie from left over chicken or roast. Boil some potatoes chunk size, lasagne in about 2 in size boil till done. make a gravy or use left over gravy. Add peas. I make a homemade pie crust. One of my favorite ( unhealthy meals :) )